1. The death toll has risen to ____ in the the Florida building collapse.
2. Wildfires in California are currently creating what natural phenomonon?
c. Acid Rain
d. None of the above
3. What new tax credit will roll out this week?
a. Child Tax Credit
b. Foster Care Tax Credit
c. COVID Tax Credit
d. Disability Tax Credit
4. Which childhood actor and star has recently been charged with crimes against a child?
a. Shailene Woodley
b. Daniel Radcliffe
c. Cole Sprouse
d. Drake Bell
5. Which local school district welcomed a new superintendent this week?
a. Ogden School District
b. Davis School District
c. Box Elder School District
d. Weber School District
1. The correct answer is C, 94. According to NBC News, identifying the victims is becoming harder and harder to do and is now more focused on finding human remains rather than bodies.
2. The correct answer is B, Firenados. According to Gizmodo, “Firenadoes are also known as fire tornadoes, fire twisters, or perhaps most accurately, fire devils. (They’re also sometimes called fire whirls, though some meteorologists draw a distinction for that term for smaller, but still terrifying, fire weather occurrences.)”
3. The correct answer is A, Child Tax Credit. According to CNN, “The Internal Revenue Service is hoping to reach millions more low-income families … as it starts to roll out the massive expansion of the child tax credit this week. Getting the funds to these households is crucial to the Biden administration and congressional Democrats’ goal to reduce child poverty nearly in half for 2021 through the beefed-up benefit.”
4. The correct answer is D, Drake Bell. According to Fox News 8, Bell was charged with child endangering and disseminating matter harmful to juveniles.
5. The correct answer is A, Ogden School District. According to The Standard Examiner, Luke Rasmussen is excited for what’s to come in his time as superintendent.