1. Which Weber State University basketball star’s jersey will be retired starting Feb. 12?
A. Wendy Compton
B. Kathy Miller
C. Shauna Turner Watson
D. Shawna Cox
2. The U.S. economy had its largest annual increase since 1984 in 2021. What was the total percentage it grew?
3. Which U.S. Supreme Court Justice recently announced their retirement?
A. Stephen Breyer
B. Anthony Kennedy
C. David Souter
D. Samuel Alito
4. Over 500 residents were forced to evacuate their homes in Big Sur, California, due to a wildfire. Approximately how many acres did it reach at its largest?
A. 800 acres
B. 500 acres
C. 1500 acres
D. 1000 acres
5. The Salt Lake City International Airport announced that they are adding a new airline for the first time in eight years. Which airline is it?
B. Jet Blue
1. The answer is B, Kathy Miller. According to The Standard Examiner, this is the first women’s athletic jersey retired at Weber State University. Miller’s number 44 jersey will join those of Damian Lillard, Bruce Collins, Willie Sojourner and Jamie Martin’s jerseys in the rafters.
2. The answer is D, 5.7%. According to The New York Times, the fourth quarter of the year had an expansion of 1.7% after adjusting for inflation. They credit this lift to vaccination efforts, cheap credit conditions and federal aid to households and businesses.
3. The answer is A, Stephen Breyer. According to CNN, Justice Breyer announced his retirement after serving for nearly 30 years on the Supreme Court.
4. The answer is D, 1000 acres. According to the New York Times, winds were as high as 50 miles per hour; not even the summer rainstorms helped. As of Jan. 28, the fire was 50% contained.
5. The answer is A, Spirit Airlines. According to KSL, the remodel on the Salt Lake City International Airport has provided enough space for the airline to be added. They will begin their flights in late May.