Alright, as the band Plain White T’s once stated, “Hate is a strong word, but I really, really, really don’t like you.” Hate is a strong word, but I really, really, really don’t like the Pittsburgh Steelers, and this is why.
There are several reasons why I am not a fan of the Steelers. After Sunday night’s game, I can honestly say I have never been happier to have the blasted Denver Broncos win a game. That was a clutch game for the Steelers to lose.
Sunday night, I was in an interesting position. I have never been a big fan of the Broncos. This year with the Tim Tebow hype, I was pushed to annoyance with that team, but at the same time, it actually got me interested in watching their games (I am a girl. I can be confusing and not have to explain myself).
I also have only been an NFL fan for four years, and since day one, I have absolutely adored everything about the Baltimore Ravens, as we all know. Because of my love for the Ravens, I instantly began to dislike the Steelers. Comes with the territory, I guess. As the years have gone, my dislike has grown from I really don’t like them to I really, really don’t like them and so on. You get the picture.
As I said, Sunday night I was in an interesting position. I did not want the Tebow hype to continue, but I really, really, really did not want the Steelers to win that game. The only huge threat the Ravens had to make it to the Suber Bowl was the Steelers.
I was praying and wishing that the Steelers would stumble, and that maybe, just maybe, Tebow would pull an unlikely win out of thin air. Lucky for me, both of those happened. The Steelers weren’t on the top of their game, and Tebow executed the pass in over time. The Steelers lost and were knocked out of the playoffs (no, I did not do a happy dance all around my house).
I wanted the Steelers to lose more than I wanted the Broncos to win. I had to side with one, and it happened to be Denver.
Now that I have given you the background, here are the top seven reasons I don’t like the Steelers.
- They cheat. I don’t know how they cheat, but I know they do.
- Ben Roethlisberger has a hard last name to pronounce, and “Big Ben” is an awful nick name.
- They play dirty. They foul more than any team I have watched .
- They are cocky. They think they are the best team in the NFL, every single year. Reality check, they aren’t.
- They are the rivals to my team. Rivalries make for great sport, and I was more than willing to hop on the “Don’t Like Steelers” bandwagon.
- The Terrible Towel? I can’t say anything about that without sounding over-colloquial, so we will leave that alone.
And the biggest reason I really, really, really don’t like the Steelers is:
7. Their fans are impossible. The fans cannot be reasoned with, they are arrogant, they can’t let anything go, and they hold grudges. You have six championships? So what. Those are in the past. The present and future is where it’s at now.
I am ecstatic that the Steelers are out of the play-offs this year. They are bound to be the “Sixburgh” until the end of time. In conclusion, hate is a strong word, but I really, really, really, really, really, really, really don’t like the Steelers.